Choosing the best bassinet for twins can be an exciting yet daunting task for new parents. The joy of expecting twins is doubled, but so are the responsibilities and decisions. One such pivotal decision is selecting the perfect sleeping space for your twin babies. While various options are available, you might be specifically looking for the best twin bassinet. After all, it’s not just about keeping the babies close but also ensuring their safe sleep.
In this guide, I’ll walk you through 21 of the best bassinets for twins, shedding light on their unique features, pros, and cons. Let’s dive in!
21 Of The Best Bassinets For Twins
1. HALO Bassinet Twin Sleeper
A frontrunner as the best bassinet for twins, the HALO Bassinet is a great option for those wanting easy access to both their babies. With its soothing center and adjustable height, parents swear by its utility. Plus, its adherence to safety standards is commendable.
- Soothing center with nightlight, sounds, and vibrations.
- 360-degree rotation and swivel features.
- Side wall lowers for easy access.
- Ensures safe sleep with mesh walls for breathability.
- Adjustable to bed height.
- Offers storage pockets for essentials.
- It might be pricier than other options.
- Takes up more space due to its design.
- Some parents find the swivel too sensitive.
2. Baby Trend Twin Nursery Center
Besides offering separate bassinets, this center comes with a changing table. This is ideal for mid-night diaper changes. The removable bassinets make it a versatile choice, and the soothing sound feature is an added bonus.
- Removable, full-size bassinet.
- Flip away the changing table.
- Built-in storage organizer for essentials.
- Versatile with removable components.
- Easy to move with large caster wheels.
- Built-in music center with volume control.
- Some parents might find it bulky.
- It is not ideal for long-term use due to size restrictions.
- The playard mattress could be firmer.
3. Graco Pack ‘n Play Playard with Twins Bassinet
A good option for those looking for a blend of play and sleep spaces. With separate sleep spaces and breathable mesh sides, this bassinet ensures your twins are safe and comfortable.
- Convertible as both a playard and bassinet.
- Signature Graco push-button fold.
- Bassinets can be removed and used as standalone units.
- Durable and known for its longevity.
- Versatile in usage from newborn to toddler stage.
- Comes with a carrying bag for travel.
- Assembly might be challenging for some.
- The bassinet isn’t as deep, limiting its usage duration.
- Some find the mattress too thin.
4. Simmons Kids by The Bed Twin City Sleeper Bassinet
Rated the best bassinet for twins, this simple bedside sleeper offers adjustable height. New parents often vouch for its easy access feature, especially during late-night feeds. The waterproof mattress pads are a practical addition.
- Designed for adjustable height and incline.
- Built-in storage pockets and a storage area at the base.
- Wheels for easy room-to-room mobility.
- It can fit twins comfortably with mesh sides for safety.
- JPMA is certified to meet all safety standards.
- Convenient storage for nighttime essentials.
- Limited in terms of additional soothing features.
- Wheels might not work smoothly on all floor types.
- Some users might find it a bit narrow for older twins.
I personally used this bedside bassinet for our twin girls when they were infants and loved it. The features and design suited our needs perfectly, and our girls found it comfortable. After they outgrew it, we used it in our family room for easy diaper changes. It’s a product I highly recommend to other twin parents!
5. Joovy Room Twin Nursery Center
This option is great for twin parents wanting single bassinets and an attached changing table. The bassinets are removable, granting versatility. Plus, the soothing center is perfect for lulling your babies to sleep.
- Designed with a twin bassinet and flip-away changing table.
- Includes a full-size playard below.
- Each bassinet holds a baby up to 15 lbs.
- Durable and versatile design.
- Bassinets are easy to remove and install.
- Spacious playard for playtime or sleep.
- Can be somewhat bulky to move around.
- Playard mattress could be firmer.
- Bassinets are relatively shallow.
6. Dream On Me Karley Bassinet
With its striking aesthetics and well-thought-out design, this bassinet is an ideal choice for twin parents seeking a blend of style, functionality, and versatility for their little one’s early months.
- Features an adjustable double canopy to shield baby from elements or disturbances.
- Quick-fold mechanism for effortless storage and transportation.
- Spacious storage basket beneath the bassinet for essentials.
- Lightweight design makes it easily portable, perfect for on-the-go families.
- Versatile for both indoor and outdoor use, ensuring baby always has a comfy spot.
- The double canopy offers added protection and privacy.
- While it’s lightweight, the size might be a bit bulky for tight spaces.
- Mattress padding might be thin for some parents’ preference.
- Some users may desire additional features like vibrations or music.
7. BabyTrend Retreat Twins Nursery Center
This is another commendable option with separate sleep spaces and breathable mesh sides. Its adherence to the American Academy of Pediatrics safe sleep recommendations makes it a reliable choice for twin parents.
- Comes with twin bassinets with canopies.
- Flip changing table and organizer for storage.
- Built-in music center with volume control.
- Durable and versatile.
- Easy to move with large wheels.
- Bassinets are removable.
- Takes up more space due to its size.
- It might be challenging to assemble.
- The changing table can feel flimsy to some.
8. Arm’s Reach Co-Sleeper Twin Cot
Designed specifically as a bedside sleeper, this is a fantastic choice for those who want their twins nearby. New parents often praise its easy access and adjustable height features.
- Designed for bedside use with easy access.
- It can be converted to a playard.
- Separate compartments for twins.
- Ensures close and safe sleeping arrangements.
- Offers ample space for twins.
- Mesh sides provide ventilation.
- It might not fit well in smaller rooms.
- Bed attachment straps may not fit all bed types.
- Heavier compared to other co-sleepers.
9. uiuwoo Bedside Crib
The uiuwoo Bedside Crib offers an innovative approach to baby sleep, combining modern design with vital features to ensure baby’s comfort and safety. With its safety certification, you can rest assured your little one is in good hands.
- 3 in 1 design, functioning as a bedside crib, standalone bassinet, and cradle with a significant curvature.
- Adjustable height and mobility features for easy positioning.
- Equipped with mosquito nets for added protection.
- Safety certification gives parents peace of mind regarding the product’s reliability.
- The large curvature cradle design offers a unique and soothing sleep environment.
- Easy to move and adjust, ensuring the crib can adapt to various settings and needs.
- The design, while unique, might not be to everyone’s aesthetic preference.
- Some users might find the assembly a bit challenging.
- The inclusion of more storage features would have been a beneficial addition.
10. Mini Ezee 2-in-1 Co-Sleeper
While a single bassinet, buying two for twins might be a good choice for those wanting separate sleeping spaces. The easy access and safety standards compliance make it a good option.
- Designed for bedside use.
- Provides easy access with a drop-down side rail.
- Built-in straps to secure to the adult bed.
- Ensures close and safe sleep.
- Durable and sturdy.
- Offers ample storage underneath.
- It might not fit all bed heights.
- Lacks additional features like wheels.
- They may be bulkier than other co-sleepers.
11. Evenflo Loft Portable Bassinet
While primarily for singletons, two of these bassinets might work for twin babies wanting their separate bassinets. Features like soothing sounds and breathable mesh sides make it an attractive option.
- Bluetooth speaker for baby’s music.
- Soft nightlight and a room temperature monitor.
- Foldable design for travel.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Provides modern features for comfort.
- Mesh sides for safety and visibility.
- Not explicitly designed for twins.
- Bluetooth speaker might not be loud enough.
- The mattress may feel thin for some.
12. Baby Jogger City Suite Multi-Level Playard
This bassinet offers both a play and sleep space suitable for growing twins. The adherence to safety standards and the easy-to-use changing table is a bonus.
- The multi-level design allows the transition from bassinet to playard as the baby grows.
- Compact fold mechanism to ensure it’s travel-friendly.
- Machine washable and dryer-safe fitted sheet included.
- A highly versatile design means parents get more mileage from the product as the baby grows.
- It takes up minimal space when folded, making it perfect for families with space constraints or those often on the move.
- Known for its sturdiness and durability, ensuring longevity.
- While the playard itself is spacious, the bassinet might be outgrown quickly.
- Some parents might find the initial setup a bit challenging.
- It lacks additional features like music or vibration, which some competitors offer.
13. Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet
The Fisher-Price Soothing Motions Bassinet stands as a testament to the brand’s longstanding commitment to combining fun, safety, and practicality. Designed to provide a comfortable sleep environment, this bassinet goes the extra mile in ensuring babies are soothed and parents are at ease.
- Dual motion feature: gentle swaying and bouncing.
- Overhead mobile with twinkling stars and a calming nightlight.
- Equipped with up to 30 minutes of calming vibrations, music, and sounds.
- Multisensory soothing options cater to different baby preferences, increasing the chances of a peaceful sleep.
- Mesh sides allow for breathability and easy parent visibility.
- The design is sturdy, ensuring stability even with the motion features.
- Requires batteries for some features, which could lead to additional costs over time.
- The mobile, while visually appealing, is not detachable.
- Some parents might find it slightly bulkier than other bassinets.
14. HARPPA Baby Bassinet Bedside Sleeper
Due to its versatile design, the HARPPA bassinet has been crafted as the best double bassinet. Combining style with function, the wood grain aesthetic is chic and functional, ensuring that twin babies are safe and comfortable. With its practical features, the HARPPA bedside sleeper is a top choice for parents seeking the best bassinet for twins.
- Dual function as a bedside sleeper and standalone bassinet.
- Comes equipped with a diaper-changing station.
- Features an inclusive mosquito net for added protection.
- Offers generous storage space, perfect for stashing baby essentials.
- Height adjustability ensures compatibility with most adult beds.
- Crafted with sturdy and aesthetic wood grain design.
- It might take up more space due to its twin design.
- The assembly might be more involved compared to single bassinets.
- The wood grain design, while chic, may not be to everyone’s taste.
15. 4moms MamaRoo Sleep Bassinet
The 4moms MamaRoo Sleep Bassinet is a tech-savvy solution to support and enhance your baby’s sleep. Known for its innovative approach, 4moms offers parents a bassinet that provides more than a sleeping space; it caters to a baby’s unique comfort needs.
- Offers five distinct motions mimicking car rides, waves, and more.
- Features five adjustable speeds to find the perfect rocking rhythm.
- It comes with four built-in soothing sounds and the ability to adjust between two height settings.
- A mesh exterior provides visibility and breathability, ensuring safe sleep.
- Intuitive touch-screen control makes adjustments seamless.
- It can be controlled and customized using the 4moms app.
- It might be on the pricier side due to its advanced features.
- Requires electricity, limiting portability.
- Not explicitly designed for twins.
16. Chicco Lullago Nest Portable Bassinet
This bassinet is the epitome of what a travel-friendly bassinet should look like, balancing ease of use with a cozy, secure environment for baby’s naps and nighttime sleep. While initially designed for singletons, when purchased in pairs, it serves as a fantastic separate sleep space for twins. The easy access feature, combined with a waterproof mattress pad, ensures twin parents have both convenience and hygiene.
- Snap-on metal legs and one-piece top structure for quick setup and takedown.
- Mesh windows on both sides for maximum airflow and visibility.
- Padded mattress with a zip-and-wash cover.
- Ultra-portable design makes it perfect for vacations or visits to grandparents.
- Sturdy construction, ensuring a safe sleeping environment for the baby.
- Easy to clean, with a machine-washable mattress cover.
- Lacks additional soothing features like vibrations or music.
- Might be on the higher end of the price spectrum for bassinets.
- Some parents might wish for more storage options.
17. Brica Fold N’ Go Travel Bassinet
A great option for jet-setters and road-trippers, this bassinet is a game-changer, ensuring that your baby’s sleep isn’t compromised, no matter how far from home you might be. Two of these bassinets can offer your twins a comfortable sleep during travels. Its adherence to safety standards is a plus.
- Lightweight, compact fold design for supreme portability.
- Features a durable carrying handle for ease of transportation.
- Mesh panels on the sides provide proper ventilation.
- Takes seconds to set up and fold down, ideal for quick transitions.
- Sturdy frame lock mechanism ensures baby’s safety.
- Comes with a comfortable mattress pad and fitted sheet.
- Not suitable for long-term everyday use as babies can outgrow it quickly.
- Lacks additional features like music or storage pockets.
- Might not be as stable as traditional, more robust bassinets.
18. Ingenuity Foldaway Rocking Bassinet
Designed for easy access, twin parents can consider purchasing two of these for their little ones. The rocking feature adds a soothing touch, and the breathable mesh sides ensure a safe sleep environment. It’s a wonderful choice for modern households, perfect for those who appreciate compact storage without sacrificing comfort.
- Dual-mode design allowing stationary or gentle rocking positions.
- Compact fold for easy storage and portability.
- Breathable mesh sides for better airflow and visibility.
- Easy to assemble and fold, making it ideal for travel or small spaces.
- Lightweight design ensures easy transportation.
- The rocking feature provides an extra soothing touch for unsettled babies.
- It is not explicitly designed for long-term use, as babies might outgrow it quickly.
- It might lack additional features like music or vibration present in other models.
- Some parents might desire a thicker mattress for added comfort.
19. 4moms Breeze Plus Portable Playard with Bassinet
This bassinet is perfect for growing twins and offers a play and sleep space. The additional changing table makes those frequent diaper changes a breeze for twin parents.
- One-push open and one-pull close mechanism for effortless setup.
- Comes with a detachable bassinet feature, suitable for infants.
- Includes a convenient changing station and travel bag.
- Multifunctional design caters to a variety of needs, from playtime to naptime.
- Highly portable, making it perfect for travel or moving around the house.
- Known for its durability and sturdy design.
- Sits at a higher price point due to its advanced features.
- The baby’s weight and growth limit the bassinet feature.
- Some parents find the playard’s mattress too thin or firm.
20. BABY JOY Bassinet Bedside Sleeper
The BABY JOY Bassinet Bedside Sleeper offers a seamless blend of safety and convenience for your newborn. It’s meticulously designed to promote safe co-sleeping while ensuring easy access to your little one throughout the night.
- Comes with an all-side mesh design for visibility and breathability.
- Features a storage shelf for keeping baby essentials close at hand.
- It provides seven adjustable height options to match any bed height.
- Easy to fold, making it perfect for travel, and includes a handy travel bag.
- The included mattress ensures comfort for the baby.
- Sturdy design with a safety strap to secure it to the bed.
- Not specifically tailored for twins.
- While adjustable, it might not fit extremely high or low beds perfectly.
- The storage shelf, though handy, might be limited in space for some parents’ needs.
21. Beside Me Dreamer Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper
Designed to be the perfect bedside sleeper, this bassinet emphasizes safety and closeness while offering easy access to your newborn baby. Two of these can be a good choice for twin parents, ensuring both babies are within arm’s reach.
- Designed for dual functionality as a standalone bassinet and a bedside sleeper.
- Features a 6-position height adjustment to fit a wide range of beds.
- Quick tool-free assembly and includes a strap system for bed attachment.
- Allows easy access to baby during night feeds and soothing, promoting bonding.
- Safety barriers prevent the baby from rolling out, ensuring secure co-sleeping.
- Mesh sides provide breathability and easy visibility.
- It is not explicitly designed for twins, catering primarily to single babies.
- When attached as a bedside sleeper, mobility can be somewhat restricted.
- Some users may find the mattress a tad too firm.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why should I consider getting a bassinet specifically designed for twins?
A bassinet designed for twins ensures both babies have enough space and are positioned safely. It’s tailor-made to accommodate the needs of twin parents, often offering features like easy access, separate sleep spaces, or combined cozy environments.
Are twin bassinets safe for my babies?
When adhering to safety standards and recommendations from authorities like the American Academy of Pediatrics, twin bassinets are safe. Always ensure they have features like breathable mesh sides and meet safety regulations.
Can’t I just get two single bassinets instead of one twin bassinet?
Yes, many twin parents opt for two single bassinets, especially if they want separate sleep spaces for their babies. It’s essential to ensure both bassinets adhere to safety standards and are equipped with features like waterproof mattress pads.
How do I ensure the best and safest sleep environment in a twin bassinet?
Ensure the bassinet meets safety standards, keep soft toys and loose bedding out of the bassinet, use a firm and tight-fitting mattress, and position the bassinet in a safe spot away from potential hazards.
Until what age or weight limit can I use the twin bassinet?
Most bassinets, whether for twins or singletons, have a weight limit or age recommendation, usually around 15-20 pounds per baby or when the baby starts to push up on their hands and knees. Always consult the manufacturer’s guidelines.
To Wrap It Up
Selecting the best bassinet for twins requires careful thought and consideration. With an array of options available, from single bassinets to combined sleep spaces, twin parents are sure to find something that aligns with their needs. Always prioritize safe sleep environments, considering recommendations from trusted bodies like the American Academy of Pediatrics.
With features ranging from easy access and adjustable height to soothing centers and changing tables, the above bassinets offer a blend of safety, practicality, and comfort. These recommendations aim to ensure that your twins receive the best care and rest during their initial months.
Do you find this guide to the best bassinet for twins helpful? Have any more questions or need further recommendations? Don’t hesitate to leave your feedback and questions in the comments below. I’m here to help!
You made my day being here today; thank you!
Was this post helpful? If so, please give it a share (that would make my day EVEN more).
And if you don’t want to forget it, pin it!📌😊
About The Author
Linds is the proud mom of two little miracles, Mono Mono twin girls, and one AMAZING older brother! She is the founder and content creator of Mono Mono Twins, Intensive Therapy for Kids, and Co-Founder of The LENN Foundation, a 510c3 that helps children with cerebral palsy receive grants for intensive therapies to thrive. ♥
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. I only recommend deals or items I love because you might like them too! With my affiliate relationships, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks so much for supporting Mono Mono Twins!
The contents of the Mono Mono Twins Site, such as text, graphics, images, and other material contained on the Mono Mono Twins Site (“Content”), are for informational purposes only. The Content is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
BONUS: Freebie 🤩
Would you like a PERSONALIZED tool to uplevel your life?
Grab the “Double Your Happy Monthly Planner“—your free pass to seamless organization, from meal plans to fitness, setting goals, to-do lists, a gratitude journal, and MORE. Get ready to CRUSH mom life! Here’s a snippet of what’s included…😉